How to make Lamb Rendang ? – Malaysian delicious food
- ½ 1 pound of boneless lamb (or beef or chicken), cut in sheet form
- 7 tablespoons of oil
- ¼ turmeric leaf (optional), chopped into thin filaments
- 10 lbs of kefir
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, cut 2 inches long
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of dried and slightly roasted coconut
- Salt and sugar as much as you like
- Spice Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 10 drops of red pepper, soaked in warm, uncooked water
- 5 pcs of fresh red pepper, without seeds
- 2 Hindi sturgeon (white part only), slightly screwed
- 7 pink or 1 small red onion
- 1 garlic
- ½ inch ginger, peeled
- ½ inch galangal (Lengkuas), peeled
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1 Candlenut, slightly screwed
- 1 teaspoon of plain soup
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Boil the pot and cook slowly and set the heat on high. Pour all the ingredients of the sauce in the food maker and make a good grinder. Remove the mix and leave it. Slice the pieces of meat and set aside.
Warm oil in a bowl and then add the turmeric leaf and lemon leek, add the kefir, and add the aroma to it. Lower the heat. Add spice sauce, add 5 minutes to perfume, or change its color. Add the pieces of meat, stir well and continue the cooking for 5 minutes.
Pour the coconut milk and coconut roast into it and bring to a boil. Turn off the flame and pour all the forgotten contents from pan to pot and cook for one and a half hours [with a gentle flame].
Take the lid of the pot, stir and check that the food is not too dry and the meat is tender to your liking; it takes about one to one and a half hours. Turn off the pot and drain the cord and allow the food to stay for 30 minutes to 1 hour. The sauce will slowly evaporate and may appear a bit dry and firm. Lamb meat is ready to go out of the pot and serve with steamed white rice or coconut rice.
You can replace coconut milk with yogurt, milk, evaporated milk, or other dairy products, but with this, your food will not taste the noble thumb. You can use two tablespoons of coconut milk instead of dry coconut. If you are ready to feed the next day, it will have a better taste. Hold a night in the fridge if possible.